9.02.2006

Complaints letter for Apple concerning mini iPod

Dear Sir / Madame,

I bought a 4 GB mini iPod on July 2005 for 250€€, I was very happy with the product: cute hardware, good audio and reliable companion for my daily commuting, until August 2006. On early August 2006, my mini iPod simply froze and refused to bug. It has happened to my friend'’s iPod before and the Apple store staff taught us how to reset it. I did it and it was doing fine. A few weeks later (late August), I updated my iTunes software, updated my mini, and it worked as usual. For a few hours that is. I was listening to my music when suddenly my iPod froze again. Thinking that it is the same problem I tried to reset my iPod to no avail, it simply refused to react to the touchpad! The hitch worsened, it started to emit strange suspicious noise and there was a "sad" iPod image with a caution to check on Apple support site. I did all of the steps which were recommended on the site. Still nothing.

The next day, I went to the closest Apple store and requested helps. They said that it is probably a battery problem but they have to check it first so I was to pay 15€€ as part of the procedure examination fee (I did) and be back there after 2 hours. If it is a battery problem I simply have to pay 20€€ for a new one because my guaranty expired last month. No problem I thought, I am willing to pay. When I returned for my iPod, I was told that they could not do anything for me, they have checked the battery and it couldn'’t solve the problem. That'’s it. They do not have other alternatives, only saying that may be it is a hardware problem or maybe there is a short circuit problem. They can not help me! Nothing. And they are from Apple store not other retailer. They did not even offer me a reduced price for a new one!

I am terribly disappointed with my iPod lifespan (13months) after all of my careful ministrations: I always kept it inside a casing, it was never dropped or spilled on. For a gadget with 250€€ price tag, I expect it to last at least 3 years not stopping to work out of the blue! I am merely a college student with tight budget; I had to scrimp from my cleaning job in order to purchase it. I also bought a charger from you which is now laying around useless along with my mini. I simply wanted to congratulate you for losing a future costumer, thinking that I have considered swapping my laptop for a new iBook. I would also stop recommending you to any of my friends, family, or even strangers. And I am not the only one, Apple should be more sensitive towards their customers or you will risk losing us. Simply type iPod complaints and you could easily find many blogs complaining your lack of assistance. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/apple_ipod.html and http://money.guardian.co.uk/consumernews/story/0,,1783814,00.html are few from the many. I hope that you will start to pay attention to us.

Regards,

Y

No comments: