3.10.2007

Plus Size?



































This is one of Elena Mirò’s fashion show which is supposed to be targetting for plus-size market. They are beautiful and cute, but I do not understand why it is a plus-size collection. The models are gorgeous and look completely normal to me, the type of bodies that you see on the street. I am not into the size zero debate that is going on right now, forbidding certain BMI models to work are quite discriminatory, but encouraging anorexia and bulimia is plain stupid too.

When Claire Coulson, the fashion editor of the Daily Telegraph stated that, "In pictures and on the catwalk, clothes hang much better on very slender girls”, I was flummoxed. The idea of economy law was supply and demand influences each other, but in this case it is an anomaly. The majority of the women are not very slender and if the clothes only look good on very slender girls, how about the rest of us? No wonder it is so difficult to find complimenting clothes if you do not posses a boyish figure.

Please make wake up people, art and reality are different. Those models look ethereal because they posses the 1% look to the majority of humankind (which is getting more obese and unhealthy). I am not condemning that type of body, I admit that they look good on certain type of clothes, just look at Kate Moss. But it is not good if it is not your natural body, starving yourself to death (literally) is not a wise move. Personally I prefer a woman with more padding and curves than the stick thin one. More cushion for the pushing and hugs, but hey if you rather to be thin, it is your choice. As long as I can find pretty clothes in my size.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.